This article is about how to setup linksys router. You may follow the instructions to fix the problem. “
How to setup Linksys router-
When you buy a Linksys router, your main concern is how to set up a Linksys router, because the setup process for this router is little different than others.
So in today’s article, I am going to share a guide about how to setup Linksys router with the cd or without cd? You just need to follow the instructions to setup Linksys router successfully in your network.
Setup connection between router, modem, and computer-
When we talk about Linksys router setup, first we have to make a proper connection between router, modem, and computer. To make a proper connection, you need to follow these steps.
- Unbox your unbox your linksys router from the box.
- Connect your modem from internet port or WAN port of the router.
- Once you will connect your modem to router successfully then you need to power on your modem and linksys router.
- Wait for 2 minutes, so all lights can turn into blue if you are getting the yellow internet light on your router. Then you need to visit: why my linksys router is blinking orange
- Now it’s a time to make a connection between linksys router and computer. So you need to connect your linksys router to the computer, via ethernet cable or if you have a laptop, you may try to connect your laptop to the router via wifi using SSID and password.
Setup linksys router without the disk-
If you have linksys e series router or n series router. But you don’t have the disk to set up this router. You should not worry about anything, all you need to do, just follow these instructions to the setup linksys router.
- Open your browser i.e., safari chrome etc., in the top address bar, type linksys router’s IP address and press ok. Usually, it is 192.168.1.1 but sometimes it may be different, how to check my router’s IP address.
- Now you will able to see, linksys e series setup page, you need to scroll down the page and you will able to see an option called, continue without setup, just click on it.
- After clicking on continue without setup your router, you will reach to linksys router login page. You need to login to your router using the default username and password for Linksys router.
- Once you will log in to your router, you need to go to wireless settings, here you need to type your desired wireless name and click on ok.
- After setting up wireless SSID on your router, its a time to setup wireless password to protect your router, so you need to set up a new password and click on ok for more information you may visit how to secure linksys router
Finally, your linksys router will be successfully setup .you can go ahead and use our internet now.
Setup linksys router with disk-
If you have bought a brand new linksys router, you will get a router setup disk in the box. you need to insert that setup disk into your computer and follow the instructions given below.
Once you will run the installation disk, you able to see license agreement window, you need to accept it and click on next.
- After the license agreement, you will see the Connection guideline window. so you need to make sure, you have made your connection like that and click on next.
- Now Cisco connects will start installing basic setting for your linksys router also this will try to find the wireless router in your network.
- Once the setup will find the linksys router, it will display the username and password for that router. do not change anything for now. take a piece of paper and write that username and password down and press the next button.you can change the username and password later.
- After writing the username and password, when you will click on next. the Cisco connect software will start configuring the internet connection automatically.
- Once your router will detect the internet connection properly. this will show you linksys router setup message. so you simply close this window and start surfing the internet.
Finally, your Linksys router will be successfully set up, you can go ahead and connect other devices with wifi. If your router is not working yet then you may visit linksys router is not working you have any other problem with your Linksys router. You may leave the comment below, we will reply to you as soon as possible.