How to setup linksys router-
When you buy a linksys router, your main concern is how to setup linksys router, because setup process for this router is little different than others.
So in today’s article, we are going to share guide about how to setup linksys router with cd or wothout cd? You just need to folloe the instructions and i am sure , you will able to setup linksys router successfully in your network.
Setup connection between router, modem and computer-
When we talk about linksys router setup, first we have to make a proper connection between router, modem and computer. To make a proper connection, you need to follow these steps.
- Unbox your unbox your linksys router from the box.
- Connect your modem from internet port or WAN port of the router.
- Once you will connect your modem to router successfully then you need to power on your modem, and linksys router.
- Wait for 2 minute, so all lights can turn into blue, if you are getting yellow light on your router. Then you need to visit: why my linksys router is blinking orange
- Now it’s a time to make a connection between linksys router and computer. So you need to connect your linksys router to the modem, via ethernet cable or if you have laptop, you may try to connect your computer to the router via wifi using ssid and password.
Setup linksys router without disk-
If you have linksys e series router or n series router. But you don’t have disk to setup this router. You should not be worry about anything, all you need to do, just follow these instructions to setup linksys router.
- Open your brwoser like – i.e. , safari chrome etc., in the top address bar, type linksys router’s ip address. Usually it is 192.168.1.1 but sometimes it may be different, you may check router’s ip address by doing ipconfig /all.
- Now you will able to see, linksys e series setup page, you need to scroll down page and you will able to see an option called, continue without setup, just click on it.
- After clicking on continue without setup your router, you will reach to linksys router login page. You need to login to your router default username and passsord, which is admin.
- Once you will login to your router, you need to go to wireless settings, here you need to type your desired wireless name and click on ok.
- After setting up wireless ssid on your router, its a time to setup wireless password to protect your router, so you need to setup new password and click on ok for more information you may visit how to secure linksys router
Finally your linksys router will be successfully setup .you can go ahead and use our internet now.
Setup linksys router with disk-
If you have bought brand new linksys router, then it must came with linksys router setup disk, so in this situation, you can easily setup it by following these options,
- Insert the setup disk into your computer and run it
- Once you will run the setup, you able to see license agreement window, you need to accept it and click on next.
- Now you will reach to next level, when it will detect the router, once it will detect the internet connection between router and computer, it will automatically generate username and password for router login and wireless connectivity.
Do not make any changes in username and password, and click on next. You can change the username and password once the setup will be completed.
- Once you will click on next, then it will identify the internet connection, you will able to congratulations message , so you need to click on finish and you will be good to go.
Finally your linksys router will be successfully setup ,you can go ahead and connect other devices with wifi. If your router is not working yet then you may visit linksys router is not working you have any other problem with your linksys router. You may leave comment bellow, we will reply to you as soon as possible.