How To Fix Asus Laptop Sound is Not Working
“This article is about how to fix sound problem on asus laptop. in this post, we have included the reason behind sound problem and solution for them as well.”
My friend loves to watch movies on her Asus laptop with full sound. Whenever she gets free time, I always found her watching movies or listen to music on her laptop. Last week, she called me with her Asus laptop sound is not working problem during the watching movie.
For a while, she thought this problem could be related to speakers. So she tried to insert an earphone into her laptop and played a movie again. But still, she was having the sound problem on Asus laptop.
Without wasting more time, she decided to call me and ask for help. So I went to her home and fixed the audio problem. During the time I realized, I should write a blog on how to fix audio problem in Asus laptop. That’s why I am writing this article today.
Causes Related to sound stopped working on Asus laptop
Before I talk about techniques to resolve the sound problem on Asus laptop, first let’s discuss what could be the reason behind sound is not working on Asus laptop.
You may have an audio problem on Asus laptop just because of following reasons.
- Speakers are not plugged in properly.
- Driver issue.
- Audio service issue.
- Soundcard issue.
So these are few basic things, which may cause the audio problem on any computer or laptop. Now it’s a time to fix the issue.
Basic techniques to resolve the audio problem on Asus laptop-
- Whenever you have the sound issue, you should try to reboot your computer once and try to play a video or song again. If you can still not hear any audio, then you need to use the following techniques.
- Sometimes, people mute the audio by mistake. So I think, you should make sure, you have not muted the sound.
- Add an external earphone or speaker into your computer and check if you can hear any audio now.
- Check if there are two or more audio drivers exist on your laptop.
if you find two sound drivers, you need to uninstall them and restart the pc.
Once you will reboot the computer, your computer will automatically find the correct driver for your asus laptop.
If you can hear an audio from your computer via external speakers, I will suggest you change the internal speakers.
Advance techniques to resolve the sound problem on Asus laptop –
Run windows troubleshooting –
Before you will go for any further options, first I will suggest you, try to run windows troubleshooting program. This will detect the problem automatically and fix it by itself. To run the windows troubleshooting, you may follow the instructions below.
- Click on start button and go to control panel.
- Click on troubleshooting.
- Select hardware and sound.
- Now click on playing audio.
- After clicking on playing audio, you will get troubleshooting window, you need to click on next.
- Now windows troubleshooting will start detecting the problem by itself, it may take some time. After detecting the problem, you will troubleshoot window again. here you need to click on apply to fix.
Finally, your computer will automatically fix the sound problem. Somehow, if you are still having the sound problem on Asus laptop, I will suggest you follow the techniques given below
Update the sound driver-
In the recent operating systems, many people are having the sound issue on Asus laptop, just because of the audio driver is outdated. So I will suggest you update the sound driver. For updating the sound driver you may follow the instructions below:
- Open run box using windows + R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the box and press ok.
- Now you will able to see device management window, expand sound, video and game controller.
- Now you will able your sound driver, simply right click on it and click on update driver.
- After clicking on update driver, you will reach to update method window, from here you need to choose the search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now you need to wait for a while, and your driver software will be updated.
Restart the audio service –
Sometimes, people may have an audio issue on Asus laptop when windows audio services are not responding. So I think, you should try to restart the audio services once.
- Open run box.
- Type services.msc and press ok.
- Now scroll down and select windows audio services.
- Click on restart.
After restarting the sound service, you should try to play an audio file once again and let’s see if you can hear something from your laptop.
Uninstall the sound driver-
If you can see multiple sound drivers on your Asus laptop. I will suggest you uninstall them and install the newer version of the sound driver into your laptop.
- Open run box, type devmgmt.msc, command and then press ok.
- Go to sound, video and game controller.
- Right click on the sound driver and click on uninstall.
- Check on deleting the driver software for this device and press ok.
After uninstalling the driver, you need to restart your computer once.
You may download the latest sound driver from Asus official website. for more information, you may visit: how to install the sound driver on Asus laptop
or you may download the driver from Asus official website
Finally audio will start working fine on your laptop. If you have any other problem on your laptop, you may leave the comment below. We will reply to it with the solution.