“this article is about how to fix asus router not working problem. check out this article and follow the steps to fix the problem.”
We all know about the Asus router’s performance. But sometimes, it may stop working due to a few common reasons such as:
- ISP issues
- Cable Connection problem.
- IP Conflict Issue.
- Mac Address Cloning Problem.
These are a few problems, which may let you fall in Asus router not working problem. But you can fix your Asus router easily by following the steps given into this post.
How To Fix Asus Router Not Working Problem –
Quick instructions to fix Asus router blinking orange light or stopped working problem –
Here are some quick steps to fix the Asus router blinking internet light problem.
- Before troubleshooting your Asus router, first, you should power it off and wait for 1 minute and power it back on again.
- Also, check the cable connection between the router and modem. Your modem should be connected from WAN (internet) port of the Asus router.
- Do not forget to check the internet connection status on the modem? To check the internet connection, you need to connect your modem directly to the PC and try to access the internet.
Let’s see if you can access the internet or not.
Somehow, if you can’t surf the internet from your modem, this problem may be related to ISP.
So you need to call them and ask them for help.
Brief troubleshooting steps to fix Asus router not working –
Check Cable Connection First-
We all know about the role of Ethernet cable between the router and modem. It’s only one communication method to keep each other connected.
If the cable is faulty, it may disrupt the connection between the router and modem. As a result, you might get into the Asus router, not working problem, and you will get blinking orange light in the revert.
To ensure the cable health, you need to take another Ethernet cable and connect that cable between router and modem.
After replacing the cable, if your Asus router will start working fine, then it was a problem from the Ethernet cable.
But somehow, still your Asus router not working, the problem can be little serious. So you have to follow the instructions given below.
The router is Overheating –
When did you shut down your Asus wireless router last time? Do you know? You may have Asus router not working problem due to overheating.
You should try to power off the router for one minute and power it back on.
Also, you should do it every day. It will stay away from your Asus router from overheating.
Check For the IP Conflict –
Do not forget to check the ip address of your Asus router and modem? If they belong from the same class? There, ip addresses might be conflicting with each other.
In that case, you have to replace the ip address of your router by following the instructions given below.
- Open the web browser and type 192.168.1.1 and press ok.
- Type a username and password and press login.
- Choose LAN from the menu.
- Replace the ip address with 10.0.0.1 and subnet mask with 255.0.0.0
- Clicks apply and ok.
Check Internet Connection Settings-
When your Asus router not working or stopped working? How can you forget about checking the internet connection settings?
We all know, every IPS’s are providing a different kind of connections, like- Dynamic, PPPoE or static connection.
If you do not know about the internet settings, you need to call your ISP and them to confirm the settings.
- Open the Asus router setup page.
- Go to WAN settings and choose the connection type, whatever you have.
- Type the internet information and press ok.
Update Asus Router Firmware-
Sometimes, you may have Asus router not working problem due to the outdated firmware.
So you should not forget to check the firmware update.
If you find there is an update needed? You need to go to Asus official website and download the latest version of your router firmware and install it into your computer.
To check the router firmware update, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Asus router setup page again.
- Click on administration and choose firmware update.
- Now you will able to see an update button. You need to click on it.
Clone the Mac Address-
You may have Asus router not connecting to internet problem due to device reorganization problem.
To get your Asus router working again, you need to connect your router to the computer via Ethernet cable and then clone the mac address.
Once you will clone the mac address your router will start working fine.
Factory restore the Asus router-
After following all these instructions, if your Asus router still not working, you need to reset your router and setup your Asus router again.
After setting up the router, it should start working fine.
Somehow, if your Asus router not working yet. It can be a hardware failure. You need to replace your asus router.