How to setup linksys router-
When you buy a linksys router, your main concern is how to setup linksys router, because setup process for this router is little different than others.
So in today’s article, we are going to share guide about how to setup linksys router with cd or wothout cd? You just need to folloe the instructions and i am sure , you will able to setup linksys router successfully in your network.
Setup connection between router, modem and computer-
When we talk about linksys router setup, first we have to make a proper connection between router, modem and computer. To make a proper connection, you need to follow these steps.
- Unbox your unbox your linksys router from the box.
- Connect your modem from internet port or WAN port of the router.
- Once you will connect your modem to router successfully then you need to power on your modem, and linksys router.
- Wait for 2 minute, so all lights can turn into blue, if you are getting yellow light on your router. Then you need to visit: why my linksys router is blinking orange
- Now it’s a time to make a connection between linksys router and computer. So you need to connect your linksys router to the modem, via ethernet cable or if you have laptop, you may try to connect your computer to the router via wifi using ssid and password.
Setup linksys router without disk-
If you have linksys e series router or n series router. But you don’t have disk to setup this router. You should not be worry about anything, all you need to do, just follow these instructions to setup linksys router.
- Open your brwoser like – i.e. , safari chrome etc., in the top address bar, type linksys router’s ip address. Usually it is 192.168.1.1 but sometimes it may be different, you may check router’s ip address by doing ipconfig /all.
- Now you will able to see, linksys e series setup page, you need to scroll down page and you will able to see an option called, continue without setup, just click on it.
- After clicking on continue without setup your router, you will reach to linksys router login page. You need to login to your router default username and passsord, which is admin.
- Once you will login to your router, you need to go to wireless settings, here you need to type your desired wireless name and click on ok.
- After setting up wireless ssid on your router, its a time to setup wireless password to protect your router, so you need to setup new password and click on ok for more information you may visit how to secure linksys router
Finally your linksys router will be successfully setup .you can go ahead and use our internet now.
Setup linksys router with disk-
If you have bought brand new linksys router, then it must came with linksys router setup disk, so in this situation, you can easily setup it by following these options,
- Insert the setup disk into your computer and run it
- Once you will run the setup, you able to see license agreement window, you need to accept it and click on next.
- Now you will reach to next level, when it will detect the router, once it will detect the internet connection between router and computer, it will automatically generate username and password for router login and wireless connectivity.
Do not make any changes in username and password, and click on next. You can change the username and password once the setup will be completed.
- Once you will click on next, then it will identify the internet connection, you will able to congratulations message , so you need to click on finish and you will be good to go.
Finally your linksys router will be successfully setup ,you can go ahead and connect other devices with wifi. If your router is not working yet then you may visit linksys router is not working you have any other problem with your linksys router. You may leave comment bellow, we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Welcome to fixotip, todays we are going to share this article about, how to update firmware in linksys router, well it is very easy to update the firmware, you just need to follow these instructions and you will be good to go..
Download the firmware from linksys official website-
Before you will go for update the firmware, first you need to download the firmware from linksys official website,
- Go to linksys official website and then go to support and download section.
- Now you need to type the model number, in the search and press enter.
- Now you need to scroll down, and in the download section , you need to choose the version number of router. You can find the version number in the back or bottom of your router.
- Finally you will able to see a list of files, you need to choose the latest firmware and download it.
Update firmware in linksys router-
After downloading the correct version of firmware, your next steps is: you need to update firmware in router. So you need to follow these options to update the firmware:
- Connect your computer with router via ethernet cable.
- Open the browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the top address bar.
- Now you will able to see linksys router login page, in this section you need to type your username and password, by default it is admin.
- Once you will login to your router,you need to go to advance settings.
- Click on firmware, once you will click on firmware then you will able to see upload option.
- Click on upload option, now you will able to see, find the files.
- Finally you need to upload the file, and click on apply ok.
Now your linksys router will take some time, so you need to wait for a while,and then reboot your computer.
Hopefully your firmware in linksys router will be successfully updated, so you can go now and check the router. If your router is still not working, then you may visit on : linksys router is not working
Welcome to fixotip. Today i am writing this article on how to do mac cloning in linksys router ? So just read this article and follow the instruction to do mac cloning in linksys router by yourself.
Follow the instructions for mac cloning in linksys router-
Before you will go for mac cloning in linksys router , you should make sure your computer is connected with linksys via ethernet cable and turn off the wifi in your laptop.
Do not try to apply mac cloning, if your computer is connected to the linksys router via wifi.
Once you will make proper connection between computer and router.then you need to follow these instructions to do mac cloning in linksys router.
- Open your browser like-i.e., chrome, firefox and type 192.168.1.1 in the top address bar and press enter.
- Now you will able to see router login page, you need to type there username and password for router login. By default the username and password for linksys router is admin.
- After login to your router, you need to go to internet setting, and click on mac address.
- Now you will able to see an option says “clone my pc’s mac address” . You have to click on in.
- Finally you need to click on apply and then ok. Now your will save all settings and restart itself automatically. Once it will restart. You need to check you will start getting solid green light on internet icon.
If you are still getting blinking orange light on linksys router.then you need to visit: my linksys router is blinking orange. Hope you would understand how to do mac cloning in linksys router. If you have any question related to linksys router. Please leave a comment bellow, so we can reply the solution in our next post .
Thank you for reading my post, hope this will help you alot.
Troubleshoot:How to fix linksys router is blinking orange?
We can not doubt on linksys router’s performance, because we all know, its a best wireless router for every environment. Whether it is home or office, but sometimes, it does silly shits, which can be frustrating, linksys router is blinking orange one of them.
Usually this problem comes because of various problems, but sometime, it can be cause, when your linksys is not idenfying the connection from modem, so first you should try to reboot your router and modem and wait for 1 minute. If you are getting solid green light on your router now, then your problem has been resolved but if you are still getting orange light, then you need to follow these instructions to fix the problem.
IP address confliction may cause linksys router is blinking orange problem:
If your modem and linksys router has same class ip address, then it might create, linksys router is blinking yellow problem. So in this situation, you need to change the ip address of your router . For changing the ip address you need to follow these instructions:
- Connect your router to the computer, and open your browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the top address bar and press enter button.
- Now you will able to see linksys router login window, type admin in the username and password.
- Finally you will reach to linksys router setup, you need to scroll down, then you will able to see router’s ip address window, here you will able to see ip address 192.168.1.1. You need to change it with 10.0.0.1 . Once you will change it then you need to click on apply and ok.
Finally your ip address will be changed , you can now reboot the router and try to access internet.
Connection problem may cause linksys router is blinking orange-
Sometime, there might be cable connection problem between router and modem, which can make trouble, and this will cause,linksys router is blinking orange problem. So you should check, modem is properly connected with internet port of linksys router.
Firmware update problem-
Mostly, when people have old linksys router, and it is not updated with latest firmware. Then this could be problem for your router. So you should try to update the linksys router’s firmware and reboot your computer.
Note- when you are updating your linksys router’s firmware. Make sure your router should be connected with computer via ethernet cable.
Mac address clonning-
There might be issue with mac cloning, which may cause linksys router is blinking orange problem. So you should try to clone the mac address properly. For more information you may visit: how to clone mac address in linksys router .
Reset linksys router-
If you have tried all these steps, but still your linksys router is blinking orange, then you should try to reset the router and reconfigure it once again. For resetting your router, you need to press and hold the reset button on your router for one minute and then reconfigure it. For more information you may visit: how to setup linksys router .
Why my linksys router is not working-
Recently, i received a request from one of my subscriber, he has asked for writing about how to troubleshoot my linksys router is not working problem. So today , i am going to write something down about it. Just follow the instructions and fix your router problem instantly.
Well before you will go for further options, you should checkout the internet connection on your modem first. So connect your modem directly to the computer and try to access the internet on your computer.
If you can access the internet directly from modem, then problem is related to linksys router, so you need to troubleshoot the router. But if you can still not access the internet then problem is related to internet services provider, in that situation, you should directly contact to your internet service provider and ask them to troubleshoot the internet connection.
Bad connection may cause linksys router is not working problem-
Usually, people may face linksys router is not working problem, when they do not setup proper connection between modem, router and their devices. So before you will go for advance steps, first you should try to follow these options to troubleshoot connnection problem.
- Checkout the connection between internet modem and linksys router, make sure your modem is properly connected from internet port of the router via ethernet cable.
- Checkout the connection between router and computer, your computer should be connected from LAN port of the router to the computer via ethernet cable.
- If connection between modem, router and computer is fine, but still your linksys router is not working, then you need to reboot your modem.
- After rebooting the modem, you need to reboot your router and computer and wait for 2 minutes.
Now try to access the internet on your computer, i hope the internet will start working fine, if your linksys router is not working yet, then you need to follow these steps to troubleshoot it.
Clone mac address-
there are few internet service providers, who does not provide the internet until they are not able to identify the physical address of computers, your internet service provider might also asking for same, so you should try to clone the mac address of your computer. For more information about mac cloning , you may go to How to do mac cloning in linksys router.
Update linksys router’s firmware –
When you have old linksys router and it has mot updated firmware, this may also cause linksys router is not working. So you should try to update the router firmware properly. You may find the latest firmware from linksys official website so you need to download it from there and update your linksys via computer. For more information you may visit: How to update firmware in linksys router .
Reset the router and reconfigure it
If you have tried all these steps but your linksys router is still not working, then you need to reboot your router and reconfigure it with latest settings , for resetting your router you need to press and hold the reset button your router for 15 seconds and release it. After that you need to power cycle your modem and router.
Once your router will be reset then you need to reconfigure it with isp settings, for setting up the router you may visit how to setup linksys router ?
Finally your linksys router will start working fine. If your linksys router is still not working, then you may leave comment bellow, so i can provide you some other steps to troubleshoot your router.
Looking solution for error code ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED or ERR CONNECTION REFUSED, then read the full post to solved this error.
I received this error when i was trying to open own website (fixotip.com) as seen as below screenshot. I just follow below steps and fix my err_connection_refused problem. The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED occurs on Google Chrome when you are trying open any web page like Google, Facebook, Yahoo.
Google Chrome’s connection attempt to www.fixotip.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network or may not be properly configured.
Check your internet connection
OR Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
Error occurs due to the problems in the internet connection and if there is problem in the device you use to connect to the web. So, to solve this issue, follow the below steps. So, check out how to fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Chrome.
There are two best way to fix the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error, and the first one is using command line and second is changing the DNS addresses. So follow below solutions to fix this problem.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Solution 1: Using Command Prompt
Open CMD (command prompt) Admin and RUN below commands one by one.
- First Step- ipconfig /release
- Second Step- ipconfig /all
- Third Step- ipconfig /flushdns
- Fourth Step- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
Now Restart your computer to get rid of the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.
Solution 2: Changing the DNS Address
Open Network and Sharing Center (Right Click on Network icon) and click Change adapter settings.
Right click on Network Adapter (Wi-Fi, LAN, Ethernet) and click on the Properties.
Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
Now add below DNS addresses as seen as below image.
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Fix err_connection_refused for Android: Check your Internet or restart your device to solve err_connection_refused error on Android phones.
Lots of people are facing the problem of error ERR CONNECTION REFUSED that appears in both, Google Chrome. So, to solve this problem, follow the above simple steps that can be completed within minutes and tell us what happened through comments.
Many people are getting Your connection is not private message into their google chrome browser. This is not any serious error message and it will solve with few simple steps.
Reason of ” connection is not private ” error
- Wrong date and time
- Antivirus block SSL Connection
- Invalid Google chrome Cache and Cookies files
- Expired SSL certificate
- Firewall Error
- Browser Error
Solution “Your connection is not private” error
- Wrong Date & Time: If computer or device’s date & time is incorrect,it will make your browser can’t verify the SSL certificate. To resolve, check your date & time again and make sure they are correct.If it is not correct please correct your date and time and try to check.
- Antivirus Blocked SSL Connection: Besides wrong date & time, your antivirus software can block all SSL connections as well. In this case, we can turn off our antivirus software temporarily to check.
- Invalid Google Chrome’s Cookies & Cached Files: Cache and cookies can cause of this irritating error. According to user’s reports clearing cookies and cached files in Google Chrome can remove this error message. To fix it see here “How to clear cookies and cache from Google chrome browser”.
- Expired SSL Certificates: In some cases, owner of the website forgot to renew the SSL certificate, you will get this error when visiting it. In this case, there is nothing you can do to get rid of it, except notify to website owner, as well as bypass it by clicking on the “Proceed” link.
- Invalid SSL Certificate Setup: If the website owner set up SSL certificate in wrong way, there is no way to access the HTTPS version correctly. Subsequently, you always get this error every time you access that website.
- Expired SSL certificate: Some website gives error message because expired SSL certificate.Simply contact your website developer who made your site or hosting provider for renew SSL certificate.
- Firewall Error: Windows firewall blocked some website for invalid certificate or SSL error.In this case you need to avoid open this type of site and if its important disable your firewall and open it.
- Browser Error: Some feature does not work on specific browser like java doesn’t work on google chrome it become disable by default and you have to enable it.In this situation you can change your browser to open your chosen sites.
How to fix “Your connection is not private” error in Google Chrome