Troubleshoot: My laptop is connected to the wifi but no internet Secured
when we need to access the internet on our laptop. we prefer wireless method as our primary requirement to connect with internet on our laptop.
so we can sit on any corner in our house and finish our job. in other words, WiFi is a really great feature on our laptop. which makes the network connectivity much easier.
every laptop has a wireless facility on itself and it works pretty fine. but being an electronic device, sometimes it creates a really critical problem.
especially when people are using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system. when you connect your laptop to the wifi.
it shows, you are connected to the wifi but no internet secured or limited access . while on the other devices, internet works fine.
Do you know what could be possible reasons for this problem? and how can we solve no internet secured connection problem?
Well, if we talk about no internet secure or limited access in windows operating system. This problem usually comes when there is a wrong network configuration entry or something wrong with windows settings.
so today in this article I am going to show you how to troubleshoot no internet secured problem in windows laptop, you need to follow the steps to troubleshoot the problem.
Power Cycle Your Devices-
This is a basic method for troubleshooting any problem, but it works most of the time. before you will go for troubleshooting the limited connection problem, first you should try to reboot your modem, router, and computer.
After rebooting your devices, you should wait to turn all lights into the solid green. once you will get solid green or blue internet light on your router. you should try to access the internet.
Change DNS IP Address-
If DNS server is not responding or you have an invalid entry for your DNS server. then it may cause “no internet secured in windows 10” Problem.
so you should try to enter DNS address manually into your computer. for entering the new DNS address. you need to follow the instructions below:
- Open Run Box (Press Windows + R Key).
- Type ncpa.cpl in the run box and hit the ok button.
- Right-click on the wireless adapter, and click on properties.
- Select internet protocol version 4 (Ipv4) From the list and click on properties.
- Choose to use the following DNS server addresses.
- In the preferred DNS, you need to type 22.214.171.124 and type 126.96.36.199 in the secondary DNS address.
- Finally, you need to press an ok button.
Once you will change the DNS address, you need to reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer, you should try to access the internet.
Update Wireless Adapter-
If your wireless adapter needs an update, this may cause no internet secured problem in windows 10. so you should try to update the wireless adapter properly.
for updating the wireless adapter, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Open Run Box,
- Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press an ok button.
- Click On network adapters Twice, and right click on the wireless adapter.
- Now Click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now your wireless adapter will start downloading, this may take a while. so you need to wait for a moment, and once it will finish, you need to click on done.
Note: when you are going to update your wireless adapter. you need to make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
so you can ethernet connection method for connecting to the internet.
Disable Firewall & Antivirus Security –
in a survey, we have found, sometimes limited connection in windows problem is coming because of security reasons as well.
so you should disable antivirus and firewall first, after that try to connect to wifi.
Uninstall Windows Update-
mostly, people suffer from no internet secured in windows 10, when they got windows update from Microsoft. if you have also limited connectivity or no internet problem in windows 10,
in that case, you have to uninstall windows update from your computer by following the instructions below.
- Open Run Box, Type Appwiz.cpl and press ok.
- Click on view installed updates from the right pane.
- Double click on every update, which you got recently.
- Click on uninstall.
Finally, your windows updates will be uninstalled. now you have to reboot your computer once again.
Uninstall Wireless Adapter-
when you can’t update your wireless adapter. you should simply uninstall the wireless adapter from your computer:
- Go To Device manager by typing devmgmt.msc command in the run box.
- Click on Network adapters.
- Right-click on the wireless adapter.
- Click on uninstall.
- Check on delete the driver software for this device.
- Press Ok.
After uninstalling the wireless adapter, you have to reboot your computer once.
Factory Restore Windows Computer-
If you have tried all steps given above. but still, you are getting no internet secured error in windows 10 pc. in that situation, you should try to factory restore your computer by following the instructions below.
- Open Command Prompt Box (by typing cmd in the run box).
- Type RSTRUI.EXE and press an enter button.
- Now you will able to see system restore a welcome window, simply click on next.
- here you will able to see the list of restore points available, you need to choose the date when your wifi was working fine and click on next.
- Now you will able to confirmation button, you need to click on yes.
- Finally, your windows will start system restore process.
Once your system restore will successfully be done, you should try to connect to the wifi.
if you are having any problems then you may visit on wifi is not working on windows 10 computer.