This article is about how to update Netgear router firmware. So if you don’t know how to update the router firmware, read first then apply the steps on your Netgear router.
Update the Netgear router firmware using the setup page:
These instructions are for the old Netgear routers. Which doesn’t support Netgear genie software. In this process, you need to download the latest firmware from Netgear official websites and then follow the instructions given below:
- Connect your computer to the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now Open the Netgear router setup page, using the default IP address: 192.168.1.1 or the router’s ip address.
- Type the username and password for your router login, the default username and password for the Netgear router are:
If you have changed the router password, then you need to type your router password.
- Scroll down and choose the router upgrade option.
- Click on choose files,
- Now you need to select the firmware file and upload it.
- Once you will upload the router setup file, you need to click on the router upgrade option.
- Finally, your router will start upgrading itself, this may take some time.
Read Also: How To Setup Netgear Router
Update the Netgear router firmware Using Netgear genie:
- Open Netgear Gennie App
- Once you will log in to the router setup panel, you need to click on the advance option.
- Now you need to click on administration settings,
- Here you need to click on router firmware.
- If you can see any update available for the router update, you need to click on update.
Once you will click on update, your router will automatically detect the latest version of firmware and install it.
This process may take a while, so do not turn off your router or computer, once the firmware will be updated, your router will reboot once automatically.
So these are the instructions for update Netgear router firmware. If you have any other problems, you may leave the comment below. We will reply with the solution.