This article is about how to update netgear router firmware, so if you don’t know about how to update the router firmware, read this article until the end and follow the instructions to fix the problem.
Update the netgear router firmware using setup page:
These instructions are for the old netgear routers. Which doesn’t support netgear genie software. basically, in this process, you need to download the latest firmware from netgear official websites and then follow the instructions given below:
- Connect your computer to the netgear router using Ethernet cable.
- Now Open the Netgear router setup page, using default IP address: 192.168.1.1 or router’s ip address.Type the username and password for your router login, the default username and password for netgear router are:
If you have changed the router password, then you need to type your router password.
- Scroll down and choose router upgrade option.
- Click on choose files,
- Now you need to select the firmware file and upload it.
- Once you will upload the router setup file, you need to click on router upgrade option.
- Finally, your router will start upgrading itself, this may take some time.
Read Also: How To Setup Netgear Router
Update the netgear router firmware Using Netgear genie:
- Open Netgear Gennie App
- Once you will log in to the router setup panel, you need to click on the advance option.
- Now you need to click on administration settings,
- Here you need to click on router firmware.
- If you can see any update available for the router update, you need to click on update. Once you will click on update, your router will automatically detect the latest version of firmware and install it.
This process may take a while, so do not turn off your router or computer, once the firmware will be updated, your router will reboot once automatically.
So these are the instructions for update Netgear router firmware. If you have any other problem, you may leave the comment below. We will reply it with the solution. Lance Alworth Authentic Jersey