Are you looking information about Belkin router setup?
If you are doing so, let me inform you, you are at right place to get help.
This article will help you in installing the Belkin wireless router. You need to read this article until the end and follow the instructions to fix the problem.
The requirement for Belkin router setup –
There is no big requirement for installing a belkin wireless router. You just need a few things,
- Internet Connection.
- Ethernet Cable.
- Computer or smartphone.
Install belkin router-
To set up a wireless router, first, you need to make a physical connection between the Belkin router, modem, and computer.
So you need to unbox the belkin wireless router from the box and follow the instructions given below.
- Power off your Internet Modem.
- Take an ethernet cable and connect your modem from internet port of the belkin router.
- Now take another ethernet cable, and connect your computer from any empty LAN port of the wireless router.
Note: if you are using a laptop or smartphone, you may try to connect to your belkin router using WiFi facility.
- Plug in the power cable into your wireless router and turn on the internet modem as well, wait for one minute. So the orange light can turn into solid blue or green light.
If you are getting blinking orange light on your router, you need to check the connection between belkin router and internet modem.
For brief information you may visit: how to fix belkin router blinking orange problem.
Setup Belkin Router using web-based dashboard–
Once you will install the belkin wireless router and start getting a blue or green light. it’s time to setup belkin router via dashboard or setup page and follows the instructions given below,
Note- these instructions are for belkin smart wifi routers only. if you have a simple wireless router.
you may ignore these steps because your router is already set up.
So you may go ahead and start connecting your devices.
- Open the web browser into your computer and type the belkin router’s ip address in the top address bar, by default it is: 192.168.2.1
- Now you will able to see let’s connect to the internet page, here you need to click on detect my connection and wait for a second.
- Once your belkin router will detect the wireless connection, it will display the default username and password for the wifi network.
you may change this username or password any time, if you wish to do it right now, then you need to change it
- After changing the username and password, you will able to see the confirmation window, here you need to click on Great what’s next!.
- Now you will able to see the registration page, you need to fill the details if you want to register the page. else, you can click on register later.
- Finally, you will able to see the confirmation window, so you need to click on take me to the dashboard.
Hopefully, your belkin router will be set up. you may go ahead and try to connect your wireless router to the internet.
Follow Us On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fixotip