How to Fix Script Errors in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer script errors is not a serious error of any browser. It happens due to the problem exists in the HTML source code of the webpage.
Script Errors, It happens due to the below reason.
- Antivirus blocks website due to malware or unwanted coding, hence it gives an error message.
- Corruption of the scripting engine can be the second reason.
- Wrong updates and internet related folder damage can be another reason for a script error message.
- Java plugins disable and damage also the reason of script error message.
- ActiveX controller configuration furthermore reason of the problem.
- A high-security setting of internet explorer in addition to error reason.
- Storing temporary internet files is also a big reason for script error.
- Printing error message in the printer almost happens due to the old or outdated driver.
Methods for Fixing Script Errors
Disabling script debugging
It stops script error notification. This method fixes through Internet Explorer. Follow the below steps and change a few settings.
Open internet option from tools. You can find Tools option at the right or left top of internet explorer. Sometimes it becomes hidden. Press Alt key and it will show Tools option or Internet Tools and Options.
In the internet and option go to Advanced tab. Unchecked the box “Display a notification about every script error”. Now you will not get any script errors message.
Enable Java Plugin from Internet Option
Java and ActiveX enabling prevent the cause of scripting error. Some program and webpage need java plugins and if java is disabled it may be the reason for script error message.
Open internet explorer and go to Internet Options from Tools as explain above. From the security, tab click on internet zone. Now make it on the default level or Internet security default.
Remove Saved Temporary Internet Files
Some temporary internet files also create a script problem. For removing temporary internet files first go to Internet Options from Tools. You can see here delete option under browsing history from the general tab. Now click on delete and select the files you want to delete.
For deleting and removing temporary internet files read this article http://www.fixotip.com/how-to-clear-cookies-and-cache-from-google-chrome-browser/
Update Browser Settings also Windows Operating System
Browser and windows get new updates against theft and vandalism. If your browser and windows are not updated it can a victim of theft also virus attacks. So download and install the latest updates of browser and your windows also.
Every browser has an auto-update feature but the user has to check updates manually also from time to time. Go to browser settings and click on check for updates. It will check and install new updates.
Script Error During Printing
Outdated printer driver creates script errors at print. To resolve this problem update your printer driver. The first thing turn off these messages from Internet Explorer by following below steps-
- Open Internet Explorer
- Open the Tools menu by pressing Alt+T keys together
- Now select the Internet Options item (O key)
- The Internet Options dialog has many tabs. You need the Advanced tab. Press Control and Tab until you get to the Advanced Tab (that’s six presses for Internet Explorer 8)
- You should now be in a list, starting with Accessibility as the first item in Internet Explorer 8. This has the scripting options you want to change
- Cursor down to “Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)” and press Space until it is on
- Cursor down to “Disable script debugging (Other)” and press Space until it is on
- Cursor down to “Display a notification about every script error” and press Space until it is off
- Press the Return key to close the Internet Options dialog. You should now have turned off the scripting errors
If it does not work follow some other steps below
Update Internet Explorer
You should be on the latest Internet Explorer, it’s safer and better. You can get it from Windows Update. Start Internet Explorer, Alt, and T for the Tools menu, then cursor down to Windows Update.
If manual Internet explorer is not updating download it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx
Change Antivirus Settings
These cause no end of trouble. Set your Internet Explorer Security settings to Default. You do this again in the Internet Explorer Tools menu, Internet Options, Security tab, and click Default Level.
- Go to “Tools/Internet Options” and select the “Security” tab. On the lower right click “Reset all zones to default level”. The button will grey out
- Select the “Content” tab. Click “Clear SSL state”
- Select the “Advanced” tab. Caveat >> Unless you are an ‘advanced’ user, press “Restore advanced settings” *not* “Reset”. For the adventurist: Under “Browsing” heading, uncheck both items beginning with “Disable script debugging …”. Check the next item “Display a notification about every script error”. Click “Apply” and “OK”
- Close IE, wait a few seconds and restart IE
If you are using third party Antivirus like Norton and all please set it on default level security. Most of the website does not work if you will change settings into high-risk protection. So make it default manually.
We have described most of the reason and also its solution for script error. If your problem still not fixed by applying the above steps, please make a comment below. Our team will surely update solution according to your problem.
Your feedback and appreciation are very important for our writers.