Start button not working in windows 10 pc | taskbar not working
Being a technician by profession, I have to face so many new challenges every day. Today, when I went to my job, I got a new problem on one computer. The challenge was “task bar is not working in windows 10 computer.”
For a while, my all techniques failed in solving the taskbar is not working problem. But after few hours of research, I found the solution for start button not working.
When I completed my job, I went for a little research again and tried to search how many users are having this problem from all over the world.
After doing a completed research, I found there are thousands of users are complaining for windows start button is not working. That’s why today, I am going to write this article on windows 10 start button not working.
If anyone from you are going through same issue. Just chill, and follow the instruction given below to resolve the issue.
Most of the time, taskbar is not responding in windows 10 pc problem comes because of windows updates. But besides of this reason there are some other reasons as well. That may encounter start button not working issue on windows computer. Let’s have a look on solution tips:
Log out and login again-
I know, it sounds like a silly techniques, but sometimes, this step helps in fixing the problem a lot in fixing the problem. For rebooting the computer you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press CTRL + ALT +DELETE button together.
- Now you need to click on switch user.
- Look into the right hand side bar, you will able to power icon. You need to click on it and press restart option.
Once your computer will reboot, you need to login again and click on start button. If taskbar is still not responding on your computer, I will suggest you to go with the steps given below.
Restart Windows Explorer from Task Manager-
In my case, I have resolved start button not working problem, via task manager. I looked at the task manager; there I found my explorer service is not responding. So I end the program and re-add it. After adding the program, my explorer has started working fine.
I think, you should also try to restart the windows explorer service once. For restarting the windows explorer service, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open the run box.
- Type taskmgr in the box and press ok.
- Go to process and click on windows explorer.
- Right click on windows explorer service and restart the service.
After restarting the windows explorer service, click on start button and let’s see if it is working now or not.
Run Sfc /scannow command-
Sfc /scannow (system file scan) command is useful for repairing the windows files. Whenever start button not working in windows 10 computer. I suggest running sfc scan command once, for running the command you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open run box using Windows +R key.
- In the run window, you need to type powershell and press ok.
- Type Sfc /scannow now and press enter button.
Now sfc /scannow command will start repairing windows files. This may take a while. So I will suggest you to wait.
Once the scan will be completed, you should reboot the computer. Now check, windows 10 start button not working issue resolved or not.
Change Registry Services-
If your start button problem is still not resolved. I will suggest you to make some changes in windows settings.
- Open run box, type run and press ok.
- Click on files, choose new task.
- In the search box type regedit and press ok button.
- Go to path [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService]
- Double click on “Start” on the right side of the screen.
- Change the value data to “4” with “Base” set to “Hexadecimal” then “OK”.
- Reboot your computer now.
Run Windows Troubleshooter-
Did you tried to run windows troubleshooter on your computer? you should try to run windows troubleshooter on your computer once. This may help you in resolving the issue.
This tool will automatically detect the problem by itself and fix it. For running the windows troubleshooting you need to follow the instructions below.
Uninstall the Driver and Reinstall it-
When your taskbar is not responding windows in 10 computer, this issue can because of outdated driver. So you should try to update the driver once.
If you are not finding the update, you should try to uninstall the display driver and install a latest display driver once again.
- Open run box, type msc and then press ok.
- Expand monitors tab, right click on display driver.
- Click on uninstall.
- After uninstalling the display driver, you need to reboot your computer.
Restore the Windows Update-
As we have already discussed before, most of the time, start button not working after updating the windows. So if you are also going through same situation, I will suggest you to uninstall the windows updates. For updating the windows updates you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open box, type appwiz.cpl and press ok.
- Click on view installed updates from right side pane.
- Right click on updates, and choose uninstall.
- After uninstalling the updates, you need to reboot your computer.
Factory Restore Your Computer-
After following the above instructions, if start button not working windows 10. In this situation, you should try to factory restore your windows computer to the back date when it was working fine.
After following the above steps, you will solve taskbar is not working problem in windows computer. If you have any other problem, please leave comment below. We will reply with the solution.