In today’s world. the internet is the primary need of our life and browsers are the primary need for accessing the internet.
There are so many browsers available in the market. but when we talk about a good web browser. Google chrome has ranked itself on number one in the top ten list, just because of it’s great performance.
But sometime, it may cause little trouble for users such as page not responsive, chrome is very slow when loading pages. so today, we are going to talk about what is the reason for chrome is running slow problem and how can we fix them?
If you are also going through chrome is running slow problem, you may go ahead and follow the instructions to troubleshoot the browser.
You may also Visit:
Installed Too Many Extensions:
If you have installed many extensions on your computer. this may be the reason for google chrome is running slow cause. so I will suggest you delete the unnecessary extensions from your computer.
For uninstalling or deleting the extension you need to follow the instructions below:
- Open your Browser in chrome.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the top address bar and press enter button.
- Here you will able to see the list of all extensions, that you have installed into your chrome browser. right after the extension name, you will able to see delete icon. So whatever extension, you want to delete, just press the delete icon presented on the right-hand side.
- Once you will press the delete icon, you will see the confirmation window. here you need to click on remove.
Finally, the extension will be deleted from your browser. so you can go ahead and try using your browser now.
Enable Prediction Services To Load Pages:
Prediction services are also known as prefetch services in chrome. when you visit any web page first time through google chrome, this service will automatically store basic resources for that page into chrome cache. so when you will revisit the page again. it will automatically load the basic resources. To enable the basic resources, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Open google chrome and type chrome://settings in the top address bar.
- Scroll down the page and click on the advanced option.
- Again scroll down your page, and look for privacy settings.
- Check on use prediction service to load pages more quickly.
- Now you can restart the chrome and try to visit any website.
Optimize Chrome Browser-
If you have not cleaned your browser for a long time. it may cause chrome is running slow problem. so I will suggest you optimize your browser quickly.
When I say, browser optimization, it just means, you have to clean up your browser properly. for more information, you may visit how to optimize chrome browser?
Viruses May Causes Chrome is running slow problem:
when you have viruses on your computer, it may affect browser performance. so I will suggest you scan your computer with good antivirus once.
Also try to scan your computer with malware bytes once, if possible.
Update Chrome Browser-
using an outdated browser may cause chrome is running slow problem. so I think, you should try to update your chrome browser once. for updating the browser, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Open chrome browser.
- Type chrome://settings/help in the top address bar and press enter button.
- Now your browser will start looking for the update, if there will be an update available, it will show you update button. so you need to click on that button and your browser will automatically start updating itself.