Guide : Install Brother Printer Via USB :
Since a long time, we are getting so many request to write about how to install brother printer ? so today I am going to share a brief article about how to setup brother printer. Just follow the instructions to setup your printer by yourself.
Basic steps for install brother printer-
- Unbox your printer from box and connect the power cable into your printer.
- Connect your brother printer from computer via usb cable.
- Now you need to power on your printer and computer.
Download brother printer driver –
Once you will make a successful connection between your brother printer and computer, it’s a time to install brother printer driver into your computer, so your computer can identify your printer.
you may have got brother printer setup disk, which is also know as printer driver disk, you need to insert that disk into your computer and run it.
If you don’t have printer setup disk, then you may download brother printer driver from brother’s official website.
Install brother printer Via USB Cable –
After downloading printer driver setup, it’s a time to run it, so we can setup printer successfully, to install the brother printer, you need to follow these instructions.
- Run the printer setup disk.
- Now you need to select your printer model number, and click on next,
- Here you will able to see, brother printer setup menu, so you need to click on install brother printer.
- When you will click on install brother printer setup, then your computer will start installing printer driver.
- After installing the printer driver, this will ask to you how do you want to setup your printer, if you want to setup it with usb cable, then you can select usb connection, if you want to install your printer with wireless printer then you need to select wireless connection,
To connect your printer with wireless, you may visit: how to setup brother wireless printer.
- Click on next, now this will start installing your printer, this will take some time to install the printer ,
Finally you will able to install your printer successfully, you can go ahead and try to print something now.
Today’s article is about how to setup brother wireless printer? So just read the instructions and follow them to setup it by yourself.
if you want to install brother wireless printer, then first and basic requirement for connection is , you must have access to wifi network. so if you do not have wireless router password, then you may visit: how do I find wireless router password ?
Connect your printer with Wifi –
- Power on your brother printer.
- click on menu using up and go to Network using up and down arrow key.
- Go to Wlan Wizard by pressing up and down key.
- Once you will reach to WLAN wizard, you need to choose setup wizard.
- If WLAN will be enabled? Then you need to directly reach to wireless setup wizard,
- Now your machine will show you a list of available wireless network, you need to choose yours and click on ok.
- After selecting your wireless network, you will able to see wireless encryption method? So you need to choose the encryption type. Whatever you have (WPA, WEP etc.).
- Finally you will reach to password window, so your need to type here your wireless password, and click on ok.
If you are having any trouble, you may visit: brother printer won’t connect to wifi.
Setup brother wireless printer-
After connecting brother printer to the wifi, now it’s a time to setup brother wireless printer, so you need to insert the brother printer driver disk into your computer and run it. If you do not have printer driver disk then you need not to worry, you can simply download it from brother’s official website and run it into your computer.
- Here this will ask to you for your brother printer model, you need to select your brother printer’s model and click on next.
- When you will select your printer model, then you will reach to printer menu, here you need to select install printer driver.
- Once you will select install brother printer driver, you will get agreement window, here you need to click on I accept and click on next.
- Now your printer will start installing basic setup , once it will install basic files,
- After completing the basic installation process, your brother printer will ask to you for connection type, here you need to select wireless connection and click on next.
- Here you will able to see select appropriate connection type, select brother peer to peer network printer in this window and click on next.
- If you have enabled firewall or installed antivirus into your computer, then you will able to see firewall antivirus detected window, in this window, you need to choose “Change the firewall settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation. ”
- you will able to see your printer in the list, so you need to select your printer type and click on next.
- Finally your printer will be setup and you will able to use your brother wireless printer.
Fix: brother printer wont connect to wifi-
So many times people are complaining for brother printer wont connect to wifi. That’s why today we are going to write this article on how to fix brother printer won’t connect to wifi.
Causes of brother printer is not connecting to wifi-
When we talk about brother printer is not connecting to wifi, this issue could be related to printer and networking related issues. So when we are trying to connect brother printer with wifi, we must need to make sure about these things,
- Make sure, you are typing correct username and password.
- Printer firmware is outdated.
- Wi-Fi network is not available.
- Wifi settings are incompatible with printer.
How can I troubleshoot Brother Printer wont connect to wifi-
Before you will go for any further options, first you should make sure, you have turn on wifi into your printer. If wifi is not enable, it might cause for brother printer won’t connect to wifi. After enabling the wifi, you need to follow these steps :
- Restart your printer and click on menu,
- Go to network settings using up and down key.
- Select WLAN and click on setup wizard.
- Once you will click on setup wizard, then you will able to see available network, so you need to choose your network and click on next.
- After clicking on next, you will reach to wifi encryption mode, here you need to choose wireless security encryption type, you can select wireless security encryption mode, for more information you may visit : How Can I find wireless password and encryption mode?
- Once you will choose encryption mode on your printer, it’s a time to enter the password, so you need to enter the wifi password, make sure you are typing correct password for your wifi. If you are not sure, you may check your password from router itself.
Finally you need to click on ok, and then your printer will be connected with wifi,
Reset Brother Printer – if your brother printer won’t connect to wifi, after entering correct username and password, this issue could be related to printer itself. So you should try to reset your printer and reconfigure it.
for resetting your printer, you need to follow these steps:
- Power on your printer, and click on menu,
- Go to printer using up and down arrow key.
- Select reset printer and click on press menu key again.
- Finally you will able to see confirmation window, so you need to press yes.
- Finally your printer will start restoring default settings,
For brief information you may visit: how to restore brother printer to default settings?
Update Router’s Firmware- sometime, your brother is not connecting to wifi, just because there is a problem with printer. So you should try to reset your router to factory default and reconfigure it or try to update the firmware on your printer. Finally it will be good to go. for more information you may visit: brother’s official website.