When your belkin range extender is blinking orange or flashing amber light, there can be several reasons for this problem.
Today, I am writing the troubleshooting steps for belkin range extender blinking orange problem. If someone from you is going through the same problem, read this article until the end and follow the instructions to fix the problem.
Note– Before troubleshooting your range extender makes sure you are getting internet on your modem or router, so connect your computer directly to your router or modem and try to access the internet. Somehow if you are unable to access the internet, then you need to contact your internet service provider and ask them for help.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps:
- Power off the belkin range extender for 10 seconds and then power it back on and wait for 1 minute. Let’s see, if your belkin range extender is still blinking orange.
- Make sure your wireless router is on and it is working perfectly fine. Maybe your wireless router is turned off or not functioning that’s why you might be getting amber light on your belkin range extender.
- Place your belkin range extender nearby your router and plug it into the power. Now wait for 1 minute and let’s see if it is giving you green light or your belkin extender is still blinking orange.
If you have a solid orange or yellow light on your belkin range extender, then it is just a problem with the wifi range, so you have to install your range extender within the wifi range.
Advance Troubleshooting steps for Belkin range extender is blinking orange –
talking about my personal experience, whenever I find Belkin range extender not working problem. I always check the ip address of the device. because it can tell you the root cause of the problem.
If you are getting a range extenders default IP address, then this problem may be related to connectivity. So you have to connect your belkin range extender to the router once again.
But if you are getting ip from APIPA (169.X.X.X), then this problem can be related to hardware or firmware. In that situation, you need to you need to reset the belkin rafnge extender and setup it again.
- Press and hold the reset button on your range extender using a paper clip or pin for 30 seconds.
- Now power off your range extender for one minute and then power it back on.
- Once your belkin range extender will be powered on, you need to connect your computer to the extender using Ethernet cable or wifi function.
After connecting your range extender to the computer, it a time to setup belkin range extender once again. so go ahead and setup it.
After following above steps, I hope you will get rid of Belkin range extender is blinking orange problem, if you have any other problem, please leave a comment below, we will reply it with the solution.
Thank you for reading this post,